Re: Brake Rotors

The minimum thickness should be cast on the rotor. If the grooves are
not too deep ie: you can just catch your fingernail on them then just
skuff up the rotors with 80# paper on a 3" disk evenly on both rotors
on both sides. If the pedal pulsates then you MUST cut the rotors.
Only cut if the grooves are deep or they are out of flat and parellel.
You do not need to cut every rotor, only the ones that need it but if
you replace pads you must replace the pads on both sides not just one.
You should skuff the rotors every time you change brake pads and after
cutting on a brake lathe so as to prevent "threading" or the tendency
for the pads to rise and fall as the rotor turns. While you are
working on the brakes if the fluid is dark it should be flushed out
and replaced with Castrol GTLMA dot 4. Don't forget the clutch if it's
a 5 speed!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757