Re: [DML] Daily drivers?

Ryan, I don't use mine as a *daily* driver, but I do drive it more
often (probably) than most other DeLorean owners. I take it out
and drive it (usually more than just around the block) about 3-4
times a week. The only problems I've had with it's performance so
far (about 5 months worth of driving) is the hot start problem, which
I guess is a common DeLorean problem and is commonly fixed.
But its not that big of a bother for me (I guess it could be if it
was your everyday driver and you HAD to get to work right away
from lunch...I will hopefully get it fixed soon BTW) and besides
that I've had no other major problems.

>From my limited DeLorean driving experience so far, I assume that, like any
car, if you have it in good running condition and take care of it (and don't
drive it into the ground), then it will run a very long time and only
occasionally give you some trouble. Yes, with a rare, exotic
DeLorean there might be more occasional trouble than, say, a good Ford Escort
(the most dependable car I've ever driven) but it sounds like you
don't mind that, so it shouldn't be a problem for you.

Of course, my DeLorean has 129k miles on it supposedly, so I'm assuming
previous owners have taken good enough care of it to work out the
bugs and make it a semi-reliable driver. Yours might be different,
I don't know. But if you are confident it is in good driving condition
and you plan on taking it very easy on the car, I say go for it. The
only problem I would _personally_ have with making a DeLorean an
everyday driver is constantly worrying about it while it is parked
out somewhere. I'm very anal and protective of my D (as I think
most owners are) and I don't like leaving it parked outside and
out of view for very long. If the idea of people POSSIBLY messing
with your car while you're not there doesn't bother you, then again,
I would say go for it. More good publicity for the D is what I say. :)

Hope this helps,

Richard