Noisy fuel pumps revistied

Group, Saturday I had time to experiment with fuel pumps: I replaced
the fuel pump I was running due to a little noise. Not much, but more
than I wanted. I did what DMC Joe said and checked the lines making
sure thay were not rubbing the body, I checked the tubes in the tank
like David said to make sure nothing was kinked or binding. With two
other pumps other than what I had in the car I got different sounds
from all. So, I went with the lesser and cruised the West End in
Dallas,Deep Ellum and several other car places. After about 2 hours
of continus starting and stopping, heating up and cooling down, The
pump I have on now is very quiet. It's the one called for in the
Bosch catalog for the car. You can buy different versions of it, but
the one that was the quieter for me was the Bosch 0-580-254-984. I
have to touch it to make sure it is running. If this is anything to
gage anything off of, maby this will help.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com