Re: [DML] Re: my car runs!!!! (sort of)

In a message dated 3/17/01 10:39:39 AM Central Standard Time,
DMCVegas@xxxx writes:

> Check and make sure that your spark plugs are properly gapped. The
> BOSCH platinum plugs that I had last were gapped almost double what
> the workshop manual reccomends. And they were right out of the box.
> The symptom on my car was that you would hit the throttle, and the
> engine would hesitate for a few seconds. Then it would "catch up" RPM
> wise to the position of the throttle. After replacing the plugs with
> properly gapped ones, the RPMs will immediatly jump anytime you tap

Hey Robert,

good idea but i do not think this is the problem. the car ran extremely well
before all this happened. it seems to me that if it were plugs, this problem
would not have occured overnight.

my guess is that i have air in my fuel lines and it must be properly bled.
good thing i was smart enough to give my mechanics the numbers to all the
delorean vendors!

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596