Re: my car runs!!!! (sort of)

Check and make sure that your spark plugs are properly gapped. The
BOSCH platinum plugs that I had last were gapped almost double what
the workshop manual reccomends. And they were right out of the box.
The symptom on my car was that you would hit the throttle, and the
engine would hesitate for a few seconds. Then it would "catch up" RPM
wise to the position of the throttle. After replacing the plugs with
properly gapped ones, the RPMs will immediatly jump anytime you tap
the gas.

Two mechanics who listened to my car seperately both said I had a
cylinder that was not firing right away. Now that my engine runs
properly, I can hear what they were talking about. It's hard to
describe, but once the engine is running as it should, it will sound
sharp. There won't be any lugging sounds, and the engine will not
hesitate.

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Soma576@xxxx wrote:
<SNIP>
> the problem is, when you hit the accelerator about 1/2 way down,
the car
> shudders and skips around, then it kind of evens itself out and
runs to beat
> hell. that's what the guys told me it does now, anyway.
<SNIP>