Re: Lift it up question

A car can roll while propped onto Jackstands too. I use both ramps
and Jackstands depending on what I am doing. As with jacking up ANY
car and working under it, you should always use wheel chocks to block
the tires and prevent the car from rolling. When my car is on the
ramps, I have allot more clearence under it without worrying about
hitting the jack stands and being cramped between the two stands. I
have shaken, jumped, removed the transmission, ect..ect..ect..all
while my car was on ramps and NOT once did it even budge. As with
the "good quality" stands you suggested to buy, any "good quality"
ramps will out perform them in safety. Granted you can't work on the
wheels with ramps, but like I said, that's why I own both.

BTW, I have had my car propped up on ramps (rear tires) and stands
(front) so I could have enough clearence under the D to move around
and work under it with no problems at all. Saftey is always key when
working with any automobile. I've also had my car in hover mode
too.....but hovering 4 feet off the ground, on a sloped driveway when
I removed my chassis ;-)

Steve

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, jtrealty@xxxx wrote:
> The ramps that I have seen are made from stamped sheet metal and
spot
> welded together. IMHO I wouldn't put a go-kart on them. They
provide
> no lateral stability, and for some cars there is not enough
clearance
> to the fenders so you might hit or move them before you even get up
on
> them. <SNIP>
If you work under your car and you want to be