Rich mixer

Hello List;
Want to first say what a great asset this list has been. My hobby for the passed year has been putting my D together and all the fun I have had doing it.
Got it passed inspection and have started to put a few miles on it.
Could someone advise me on why it is running so rich for the first 60 second or so, after it runs for a mintue or so it leans out and runs good but in those first few second it pours gas. Boy is it easy to start. Touch the key and it is running, if I touch the gas pedal it will flood and die. Just turn the key and give it a minute then you can drive it as hard as you want, runs fine.
Yours in the Hobby
Jerry
vin# 4890