power window jumping

Hello all,

today i had a very enjoyable day of tech work with Jim Reeve on my DeLorean.
among the things we did was replace my power lock system, install new power
window regulators, and work on my fan wiring.

the window motors were tricky, but we got it to happen. the passenger side
one is GREAT, no grinding, just smooth sailing, however, the driver's side is
sketchy. we put the new regulator in and it worked great for a few tries,
then after awhile we tried it again and now it's jumping on it's way up. it
jumps once on the way up - about 1 inch from the top, and it jumps once on
the way down - about an inch before the bottom. when it 'jumps', it seems to
stutter once, and you can feel something 'click' inside there, but it stays
on track and goes all the way up like it should. we can find no way of
adjusting the tracks and this is very confusing because my old window didn't
do this and the new one worked well on the initial test, now all of a sudden
it's acting up. i should also mention that when the window is open, there is
quite a bit of play between the window and its slot in the door.

if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, please advise. if there is no
fix and something is bent or something, should i just put the door back
together and not let it bother me? like i said, it goes up and down like it
should, yet it jumps once either way, and it sounds kind of sick when this
happens!

please advise!
by the way, my rear signal light magically works again!

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102