Re: DeLorean B28F Reliability

PRV-6 in a nutshell...

Cams are not a worry. It was the older version B27F that had the
camshaft problems. By the time the DeLorean was released, issue was
resolved.

As I understand it (from my mechanic and my own car) only 1 spot on
the PRV-6 in the DeLorean application is prone to leak that is not
mantienance related: Oil pressure switch.

Lubrication is not a problem.

While the PRV-6 is not prone to overheating, it is prone to damage if
it does overheat. The water pump is a reliable component, but if any
part of the cooling system fails, then you have a problem.

Overall the PRV-6 used in the DeLorean is a VERY reliable engine in
itself. When not only the engine is taken care of, but the car is
maintained as a whole, the words "daily-driver" and "DeLorean" go
hand in hand!

Many of the products offered by both vendors, and fellow owners are
there to complement the car in an effort to improve functionality,
not to correct it.

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, sean_dmc1@xxxx wrote:

> Group,
>
> In searching around on the internet, I have been reading a
lot
> of bad press about the Volvo B27 and B28F engines. I have read...
<SNIP>