Re: [DML] RE: 3.0 Eagle motor

I have also been doing a good amount of research about other PRV motors.

With what I have learned so far, I dont understand WHY someone would want to do
this!

Grant it, the Eagle motor is a bit larger (3.0 VS 2.8) and has higher
compression ration (9.3 VS 8.8), when all is said an done the increase of HP
(150 VS 130) in not significant enough to make this conversion. 20HP can be
gained with some simple exhaust modifications to the existing DMC Motor. This
seems like a LOT of work.

DMC Motors can still be had. Although I have not done a exhaustive search to
compare cost of the DeLorean motor VS Eagle, I cant believe this project was
price motivated.

With Darryl's comments below, this becomes even more confusing! Sounds like
they are just rebuilding a DMC motor, and using the 3.0L Eagle block. Again, a
lot of work for a VERY small gain.

Would the owner of this converted car speak up? Maybe there is something I am
missing..

Marc