Probably not my governor...

Thank you all for your suggestions about my auto trans governor.
What I'm getting is that it probably isn't the part, so I'll have
some of that checked out as soon as I can. (My old part HAD to have
been bad though, since now it usually shifts smoothly whereas before it
only barely shifted into second.)

I also want to apologize to the people at DMC Houston...sorry
if I got a little upset in e-mail but I hope you can forgive my
ignorance about this part and how it works. (I probably shouldn't
have written an e-mail right after I got back from having the car not shift
properly.) So I hope we're ok on that. :)

Anyway thank you all again for your help and we'll see what I can
do. Money is tight right now so probably not much. :/

Richard