Fw: [doc] Fw: [DML] John Z DeLorean

Ken, List,

I have printed out and read all 26 pages.......I wish I hadn't. I don't
think it enhances Mr. DeLorean's standing or reputation one bit.

Don't get me wrong, I am possibly still DeLorean's (car and man) biggest
fan in
the UK, but I cannot just ignore this document!

I think we should view it in context, it was submitted in court, by JZ to
defend himself and some of his past actions.

Justice, evidence, truth, and court judgments often have nothing in common
with each other!

The British people do not generally have a "sickness" ( being gay) and even
if we did have a monopoly on this activity, ( I'm not by the way) would that
be relevant to business judgments?

Was Sir Kenneth Cork the only person to fly regularly on Concord? Come on
John!

Colin Chapman, was a brilliant engineer, but he was no "saint".

The British legal system is probably no better or worse than the American
one. Yes, injustices sometimes happen, but if the "Birmingham six" had been
convicted
of terrorism in the USA they would probably have been executed long before
they could have proved their innocence.

Bobby Sands may have been a "martyr" by some, but he was seen as a convicted
IRA terrorists and by others,

Yes, the Delorean factory did employ 50% catholic workers, but initially
most catholic workers did the "unskilled" , dirty jobs in the body shop.

Everyone I spoken to who worked at the factory agreed that "politics",
(Protestant / Catholic) was left outside the works gates. All agree that the
DeLorean factory was a brilliant place to work.

As to whether the British Government under Mrs. Thatcher's leadership
conspired to sink DMC, or whether Colin Chapman was a member of M16, I
don't suppose we will ever know for sure.

Some people may think that JZ's decision not to testify in his drug case,
was because he would have faced some difficult questions! I personally think
the decision to acquit him was right. But I don't think the explanation he
offers in his book is the full story.

I don't think JZ is any better or worse than, say, Chapman, Thatcher,
President Clinton, ( or most of us ) or any of our political leaders or
industrial tycoons.
But I do think it lowers a persons dignity to start "flinging mud around" in
this way and trying to re-write History.

England and Northern Ireland is not a place I recognise as described in JZ'd
document.

Sometimes History is best left in the past!

Sorry if I've gone on a bit, but I simply could not avoid making my
comments.

Chris P Hon Sec DOC UK

And yes, I still love the car and respect its creator. I just don't think
he's a saint!