Re: [DML] Ok list, this may be a hard one

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Les Huckins wrote:

> I'm out in the boonies and can't get decent radio reception so play
> tapes, whenever I turn the radio off the tape jumps out, I'd like to
> disable that circuit so the tape stays in like the late models...has

This isn't really a good idea. Newer model tape decks "disengage" the
tape head from the actual cassette when not playing. Older ones such as
the one in the DeLorean don't, which will cause lots of premature wear on
the tapes and some on the head, as well.

It's not going to make your tape explode or anything but it will degrade
the sound quality much faster than it otherwise would.