Auto trans gov. problems...

Hello list I need some help desperately here. I just spent alot of
money I didn't have replacing my auto trans governor. Now I
found that it shifted well until I tried to drive it for more than
30 minutes. It started to slip out of third after driving it for
an extended period of time, and eventually didn't shift back into
third at all. Also, when it is upshifting *fine*, I find that it has
kind of a *rough* downshift, almost like it's slipping gears a bit.
BUT when it wasn't shifting into 3rd, the downshift was smooth.

Now, did I get a bad part, was my installation job bad (I've never
had a problem with the place I go to before, even with electrical
problems), or is there something messed up in the electrical (?) system
of my car that won't let the governor work if the car has been
running too long? I've heard this part is notorious for having
problems, but there have GOT to be automatic DeLoreans out there
that are reliable and shift properly all the time. What's the trick?
And if mine needs more work, could someone tell me exactally
what it needs or is this going to be something I have to ship the
car off to a specialty place for to get diagnosed (which I absolutely
cannot afford)?

If anyone can help me PLEASE e-mail me! This is the biggest step
I will take with this car for the forseeable future and I really
want to keep it on the road, but I'm scared that I'm going
to have to end up selling it (after years of wanting and recently
purchasing a DeLorean). I'm trying to ressurect this DeLorean
piece by piece but I don't know if I'll be able to do it.

Thank you for any help,

Richard