PRV-6 Variations (was: Re: Renault Engines? Alpine A310, cousin of the D

PRV-6 Variations (was: Re: Renault Engines? Alpine A310, cousin of the DeLorean)

As it turns out, I may have already answered my own question.

An unusual aspect of the PRV-6 in the K-Jetronic configuration I
didn't notice before is that the fuel injectors are mounted in the
cylinder heads rather then the intake manifold like other vehicles.
The PRV seems universal however in the fact that all of it's parts
are molded the same, and are then customized to fit their individual
applications. I've only been able to find one remotely detailed
picture of the 2.7 liter Alpine engine. From what I'm able to tell,
the motor does have the indentations for where the fuel injectors go,
but they are not drilled out. Simular to the way the manifold on the
DeLorean has places on it where it can be drilled to add the
nessisary plumbing that is used in the Volvo 260 with the engine in
it's B27F dress.

Without knowing a bit more about the Alpine setup, it's a little hard
to know what other differances there may be. Even so, any
modifications would probably be costly money wise.

On a side note, if any modifications, or possible engine swaps for
the DeLorean B28F engine are considered, a better canidate may be the
3 litre engines from the Dodge Monaco and the Eagle Premiere. From a
few scattered photos I've found across the internet, minus the fins,
the motor uses the exact same oil pan as the D. The rocker covers are
different from the B28F. Most noticeable is the breather cap for the
oil has now been moved to the right side of the block. Although in
it's place on the left side of the block still is a removeable cap to
add oil. The stock air box could not be used. A snorkle type fitting
could be attached to the intake, and an inline high flow air filter
could be installed to "bathe" the filter.

The only other problem I see is with the A/C compressor. The existing
bracket looks as though it could accept the Sankyo compressor. Better
still would be if the pullys between the two could be exchanged. That
way the 3 litre engine could keep it's existing serpentine belt
system.

It would be interesting to see the results of a 3 litre PRV-6 coupled
with K-Jetronic fuel injection, and the free-flow exhaust system...

-Robert
vin 6585