Re: Floor Jack jacking instructions please!

Re: Floor Jack jacking instructions please!

If you have a good floor jack use a 1 foot piece of 2x4 and in the
front lift at the member in the center just behind the crumple tubes
and the use jackstands under the lower control arms. In the back use
the 2x4 under the crossmember under the motor and place jackstands
under the carriers for the rear wheels. Lift the front first. The
crack you see might only be the epoxy paint and not metal. Lift the
car with the doors closed, if you have a low ceiling in the garage
they might hit it! Only lift on a good, flat, level concrete floor and
make very sure of the placement of the jackstands as you lower.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757