Re: [DML] Thanks and Things

Michael Pike wrote:
<SNIP>
> Second - another dumb newbie question.... as I
> mentioned before, the car I have is in pristine
> condition, not a spec of rust, or even a ding. The
> guy told me he uses copper/silver polish, followed by
> a coat of Eagle-1 (armourall type product) on the
> stainless steel, and if any scratches show up, he uses
> a brillo pad and gently rubs them out.... however, he
> did not mention if it's safe to take the car to a
> standard pressure wash type car wash (no brushes, the
> standard high powered spray)...

NO!!! Dont use BRILLO or any Steel Wool product on the stainless. If you need
to remove light scratches use a scotch-brite pad, and stay WITH the grain in
straight lines. You are essentially re-scratching the stainless in the correct
direction to remove the visible incorrect scratch.

<SNIP>
> I noticed a thread about brake lights going on also -
> much to my dismay, I found the second flaw with my new
> Delorean, the gas gauge was first, and thanks to a
> fellow driver, I now realize I have no brake lights
> :(.
<SNIP>

There was just (another) long thread on this topic. You may have broken circuit
boards in the tail lights. Remove the lenses, and check the boards. You may
want to flex them a bit and see if they come on with movement. If they do, then
you have the classic problem with the rivets coming loose on them. Some have
had luck with soldering the sockets to the board, or adding a nut/bolt through
each rivet to tighten them up. The permanent fix it to replace them with a
improved board design. You can purchase the improved tail lamp boards from a
number of vendors.

Marc