Re: [DML] Door Handles (long)

Now's as good a time as any to announce that De Lorean Motor Company has
completely remanufactured exterior door handle ASSEMBLIES (not just the
handle) available as of Monday morning.

These assemblies have been unavailable for years, and the interim solution
was a hand-cast aluminum handle only. To install these you had to remove the
old handle and then take it apart to fit the new handle, and then put it all
back together. In our experience, they always required some manipulation to
make them fit, and the total labor time was about 1.5 hours. They also
usually required adjustments to the lock and latch mechanisms. Finally, they
were also expensive, retailing for almost $100.

The last two winters they've been particularly hard to get, and last fall we
started a program to have the entire assemblies remade. By having the entire
assembly made, we had control over the quality using higher quality
materials like the zinc handle, as well as the added bonus of ease of
installation. By sourcing them ourselves, we ensure a steady reliable
supply, as well. The program has been a success. Not only were all the
aforementioned things accomplished, we were able to bring the retail price
down by about 10 percent.

The new door handle assemblies are available from De Lorean Motor Company
for $89.95 each, or as a pair for $159.95. They carry a lifetime guarantee,
if one should ever fail while you own the car, it will be replaced at no
charge. We will be offering these assemblies to the other vendors as well,
and expect they will carry them, though their pricing and guarantee may
vary.

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas