Re: [DML] Re: door latch adjustments?`

In a message dated 2/18/01 9:21:26 AM Central Standard Time,
jtrealty@xxxx writes:

> Try to follow the adjustment procedures in the manual. Make sure the
> car is on level ground and engages both latches evenly and the latches
> are centered in the lock as the door swings closed. This is an area
> where you need specific expert advice from a mechanic who has adjusted
> Delorean doors before. Your best bet if you have trouble with this is
> to call one of the major Delorean venders who can talk you through it.
> If you are a member of a local club maybe someone can help or go to an
> event where someone with some experience can help. This can be a
> serious problem because you could jam the door so it won't open or it
> could open unexpectedly. You could also damage the lock module or
> solenoids by trying to lock or unlock the door if it is jammed.
> Sometimes a little lubrication is all that is needed but if the door
> was forced it could have been knocked out of adjustment.
> David Teitelbaum

thanks for the advice David. i think i will try to lubricate everything up
really well and see if that helps. this has not been a chronic problem, just
when it's been below zero in my storage garage. i suspect the car is just
'acting up'. i will not try to adjust my latches until i have some qualified
people in my presence!

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596