Re: "rare" automatic D (wasFoolishness with numbers...)

Brian wrote:

> On this website for an automatic D for sale, it mentions that "only 800
> Automatics were ever produced":
> http://www.kcimports.com/81Delorean/index.htm

They also say:
> This may be one of the nicest original pampered Beauties Left! We only
> inventory the finest examples out there! This one has had all the updates[snip]

For a "pampered beauty" I for one think it at least should have a "straight"
luggage net; the elastic "edge" seems to be worn.
As for all the updates; I might be wrong, but wasn't installing protective caps
on the armrests an update? This one doesn't seem to have those.

What IS interesting (to me at least) is the installation of a spring next to
the gas cap. This probably helps popping the trunk; I think I'll do something
similar since mine won't pop either.
I've allready checked alignment of the lock and the striker-pin,
they seem all right to me. The hook fully disengages the striker,
so that can't be it either and the struts (mine need to be replaced)
don't really help anyway with that small amount of leverage...

Anyone got any other ideas???
Thanks in advance,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

check out the Delorean-Files at:
http://www.deloreanfiles.nl/

PS the car looks like it has no flap, but does have the grooves
AND it has the locking gascap, shouldn't that say something about its' VIN#?