Leak in automatic transmission

Has anyone had a leak in the automatic transmission coming from the
fluid return cooler hose. The hose is not leaking, it is at the
fitting that is screwed into another fitting that is in the
transmission. I removed the hose and fitting and retightened it and
put thread sealant so it wouldn't come out but now it is driping out
between the tube and the fitting. Does anyone know what might do
this. I could buy a new new cooler return hose but that doesn't seem
to be the problem. It's where the pipe and the fitting meet and are
tightened. Thanks. ED HERRMANN 16228