DeLorean mentioned in Popular Mechanics

List,
Jay Leno has been running a column in Popular Mechanics for the past
year or so, and this month he mentions the DeLorean. It's just in
passing, but it's a mention none-the-less. Sadly he chose to perpetuate
the lies about John DeLorean and cocaine trafficking. The line reads as
follows:
"In my job, people all across the country see me and they know I
like cars. So they write to me...blah, blah, blah...some guy will send
me a letter saying that he's got "the actual DeLorean that was used to
ship the cocaine. And I want $450,000 for it.""
I say he perpetuates the lies because even though it's written in a
way that makes it sound like he knows better than to believe that
whopper of a letter, he says nothing to defend John DeLorean and the
truth. Not to say he had to, but it sure would have been nice.
On another note, there was an article in a recent issue of
Automobile Weekly about DeLorean's new car and watch entitled, "DeLorean
Does Time". Hilarious in itself, I know, (note sarcasm) but the whole
article seems to take a "haha, lets laugh at JZD's expense and dismiss
his innovative ideas for no good reason" tone.
I have to take a deep breath every time I see articles like these
and try to convince myself that there is no such thing as bad press.
Good luck with your new car John, let's make these morons look
really bad soon!!
Josh Haldeman
VIN 5102
VIN 15964