Re: [DML] Jim Varney's "D"

Mark,
Jim Varney's Delorean was NOT turbo. I know as I looked over the motor before
it was sold. It was stock, even down to the plastic overflow bottle. By the
way it was an automatic! Where the 140mph came from is that the Delorean was
rated full out at between 130 and 140 mph. They took it out and ran it full
bore, then told people that it had to have ran "about" 140. As I posted
before the current owner (at last count is a member of the DML list. If he
wants he can confirm my above statements. Also Ken K. had a look at the car,
(he also posted a few days ago), Ken am I wrong on this one? Mark, this was
not to flame your posting, just to put away those urban legends that come up
and over time people think are fact.
Bruce Battles
Vin# 06569