Re: [DML] Hydraulic Doors on DeLorean?

In my opinion, the current system of opening the DeLorean's gullwing doors is
absolutely remarkable. With the power of the grumman-produced torsion bar,
the door gets enough lift to pop up all the way and be held in place by a
single tiny strut. The door opens normally, without the need of huge pumps
(air or otherwise) to lift the doors up. Many people have tried to get the
gullwing door right, and only DeLorean did it correctly. Ive been in million
dollar Mercedes race coupes with gullwing doors (present day models) and the
doors are no where near as nice or impressive as the DeLoreans.

If you are going for show trickery with remote opening doors, Rob Grady of PJ
Grady is developing a remote door actuator which will allow the door to pop
open remotely givin that you dont have weak door struts.

In the end, the DeLorean door is simple, easy to use, and rarely do we have
too much trouble with them. Sure the door might jam shut from time to time
but that usually doesnt have anything to do with the strut. When you compare
that system to that of the Bricklin which uses all of the mechanics you were
interested in, the DeLorean system is much safer, more reliable, and easy to
use.

Just my two cents.

Justin
5172