Re: Escaping from a rolled DeLorean

Yes I wear my seat belt...that answer I gave was the same answer I
read off of an older DML post, I don't remeber what post number it
was or what date, just that it stuck in my mind for some reason. In a
rool over the windshield is weaken from the weight of the car sitting
on the roof, loosening it from that grey/black goop that hold it in
place. If your stuck in your D and can't get out and there is no help
around this is likely the only alternative way to go, kicking at
leats one of the windows out. If your stuck you are going to find a
way out on your own...your not going to just sit there. Like the old
saying goes, where there is a will there's a way. Hopefully noone
will ever have to go through that in their life time. Life Hammers,
fire extiguishers (mounted somewhere not just thrown into your car
somewhere), bricks, tire iron...whatever....carry something heavy so
you can smash out any window large enough to pull yourself through.
If you don't have any of those than you can take your chance with
kicking it out. Your foot shouldn't "go through" the front windshield
that easily since it has a heavy saftey lamintion on it, the window
should give away first before going through it. On the other hand...I
don't know if the side windows are laminated? Your argument about
your leg going through the windshield would also hold true if you
were kicking out the side windows. They too are held into place
possibly with the same "goop" that's on the windshield.

As for the doors acting like cantelivers...it probably can lift the
car up enough to get out....but you have to keep a constant force on
the door or try to open it fully to wedge it open to keep the car
proped up. If not then as your trying to get out the weight of the
car will close the door and if your still in the process of getting
out....bigger problems.

I don't think that he Delorean is as easy to flip as any other car
due to the design of it. Width of the car, center of gravity,
ect....would take alot to flip one is my guess. Saying that, the
Bricklin is alot narrower than the delorean...be a little easier to
flip than a D...but I could be wrong since the only expierience I've
had with a Bricklin is in pictures. The manual windows probably
wouldn't even work in the Bricklin since there is a possibilty that
the door would be distorted/ crushed by the flip. But like I said,
anything is possible

Opening the doors under water? that's a good question, it may be a
little easier than a conventional car door since you are assisted by
a torsion bar and the struts. But one never knows.