From: David Cox <dmcox@xxxx>
To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Walter <Whalt@xxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2000 1:17 PM
Subject: [DML] Re: Courtesy Light Switch Replacement

> I don't know how much of a chore it would be to make this change, but
here's my idea: the light switches on the door of my Volvo have an
interesting option. You can push them in by hand, twisting slightly, and
they will lock into place. Pushing on them, either by hand, or by closing
the door, will unlock them. They lock into the "off" position, so you can
work on the car without running down your batteries. Walt, your comment
about replacing "the switch on the door post with a small hand operated
switch to save the battery" is what made me think about this. Has anyone
ever looked at doing something like this for the D? For those of you
working on possible replacement switches, how about adding this type of
feature?