Re: At what point does a DeLorean become salvage.

Re: At what point does a DeLorean become salvage.

Gary, The question is, do you work on cars and have a basic knowledge
of how they work, do you have the time and the money, and how much
money are you willing to spend to bring it back to a car you would be
proud to drive. I know 3 to 5 thousand is tempting, but bank on
spending 10,000 + or - if you do the work to bring it back to a good
looking car. I see a lot of desent cars on Ebay and thru other De
lorean ad's that for more money you won't have to do as many updates
and work. I bought one from Washington state and drove it home for
$12,000 and another for $15,000 one owner, mint condition and 34,000
miles which is low for a 17 year old car. Garaged parked and serviced
regularly. 11004 vin #. I have a friend here in Dallas that paid
$12,500.00 for one that I think has less than 10,000 miles and is
spending about 14,000 in restoration. Lot's to do but it was just
never drove. If a person like me ran across one like what your
talking about, I would buy it and park it in a covered garage and if
I needed parts I would go to it. Not seeing it and by what you are
saying,it would be a parts car for me.
John