Re: Odometer question...

Yep - this car has appears to have 11,720 miles on it. The DMC speedo
is, like most prior to the late 80's, designed to "roll over" at
99,999.9 miles. This should be no different than your 67 or 69, but
the 98 Mustang definitely has a 999,999 mile speedo (i.e. 1 million
vs 100-thousand mile limit).

Caution - I say "Appears to have" because the mileage you see may not
be accurate. The speedometer gear drive is probably the highest-
failure-rate part on the car.

At any rate, condition and maintenance/storage history is MUCH more
important than mileage on a car this old.

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, bigbenb84@xxxx wrote:
> I was wondering that to. This might just be a REALLY
STUPID
> mistake on my part but.......The odometer read exactly 117204...but
the 4 was
> in the white part it....so is it 117,204 or 11,720.4 My '67
Mustang isn't