Re: [[DML] Re: Extra Horsepower]

The aftermarket suppliers work very closely with auto manufactures, in fact,
Ford for one supplies much detailed information on certain vehicles to the
after market performance companies. They've just recently expanded the list
of vehicles for which they supply those details. The reason there is so much
available for current and late model cars is because of this factory
co-operation and the number of vehicles out there. It makes it much easier
for them to comply with the federal emission laws. It can be pretty
expensive to get engine modifications approved by the Feds and when sales
are quite limited the cost naturally goes up. We make more Rangers in a week
than the total number of DeLoreans built!

Bruce Benson

http://home.netscape.com/webmail