Re: [DML] Re: MORE Theory of operation (was Diode in Lock Module)

Re: [DML] Re: MORE Theory of operation (was Diode in Lock Module)

Jim,

You just gave me a great idea for designing a new door lock module. If the
door locks get out of sync then the module would remember the previous lock
switch status BEFORE it went out of sync so that it could then send 3 quick
pulses to try to free a sticky mechanism. THIS is the feedback loop I was
looking for -- without any added wires! This would also give an audio
indication that the door locks are developing a problem. If you only hear
one 'thump' when you hit the door lock, then you know the doors are actually
locked. If you hear multiple pulses, then you know to check your doors.
This would work either off the door key or a keyless remote entry as well.

Does anyone like this idea? Or is everyone happy enough with the Lockzilla?
Until I perfect this system, I'm thinking about adding a buzzer that will
sound when it detects a mismatched state between the door locks. I don't
want to risk having one of the doors left unlocked considering that my car
picks up fingerprints everywhere I park it. Maybe I would call it the
'Lockzilla Fix' alah PJ Grady and John Hervey. :)

By the way, I'm still holding to my last explaination for the function of
diode D5. It was probably a little too vague, so I'll say it again in more
detailed terms:

The reason for diode D5 being in the circuit is to stop +12V from getting
through the 'lock doors' light bulb filiment and interefering with the bias
on transistor Q11. This situation only exists while the unlock switch is
not shunting the voltage to ground causing the bulb to light.

Comments?

Walt Tampa, FL