Re: Ceramic Coating the Exhaust system

I would also like to make a comment on this....

This is THE best thing to do to your exhaust system (especially the
manifolds) to preserve them, keep them from rotting out on you. If
you can't afford to or even want to ceramic coat the parts, you can
use POR-15's product that is a paint on solution. This is a different
type of heat resistant paint since it can withstand 1400 degrees
continuosly. Some high temp coatings only claim that it can handle up
to a certain degree, not continuosly...meaning it will burn off if
exposed to a certain temp for to long. It also needs to be heated to
300 degrees to fully cure. They have two colors, manifold grey and
Aluminum. I used Manifold grey on my Mnaifolds and let me tell you,
they look like they were just manufactured. A small can of this stuff
goes a LONG way. Enough to do your entire exhaust system...and it
cost $15. I am pleased with the results and if you prep the metal
properly, the paint will never burn off. You can paint the parts on
or off the car, but I recomend taking them off so you can get to all
the areas of the parts. I will post pics on my site if anyone is
interested.

Steve
www.dmcman73.homestead.com

My 2 cents worth