she ran out of juice

Dear List,

while out shopping and driving my D, I noticed that the battery light was on
and the power gauge was gradually decreasing [even when giving the car gas]
so the shopping trip was cut short and on the way home [about 200 ft from
the house] the gauge went to zero and the engine cut off. I coasted the car
to the side of the road and my husband jumped [by the way do you realize how
humiliating it is to jump a Delorean with a minivan??] the car and gave it
enough juice to quickly get home. Jeff thinks it is the alternator because
we replaced the battery about 2 weeks ago. Any other ideas of what could be
wrong and how hard is it to install an alternator yourself?

thanks for your input!

Aliza :)
VIN 07003, Aug 2000