Re: Fire extinguishers

Many years ago in a time before Deloreans where built, I use to
recharge dry chemical fire extinguishers.
The dry chemical that was used and I believe is still used, is
basically Baking soda or Sodium Bicarbonate, they add something to
it to help keep it from absorbing moister and clumping. The propellant
is dry nitrogen (if you used compressed air from a standard air
compressor it would have too much moisture and would clump the
contents of the extinguisher).
My point here is that other then making a mess I wouldn't think that
the actual chemical from a fire extinguisher should not be particular
detrimental to the interior of a car as far as from a chemical
reaction standpoint. I'm almost surprised the Arm and Hammer people
don't promote it as a way of keeping your burnt car smelling clean
and fresh after a fire LOL.