Re: Halon poisonous (?), etc

I am not sure that Don is right. There were two types of Halon used
for firefghting and one was NOT recommended in confined cockpits such
a car or airplane. I don't recall the Halon numbers but a search on
the web should answer that question. (Using your search engine, try:
halon+fire+extinguishers and you will get reams of information.)

Referring to DMC Joe's comment: I do not think the DeLorean is more
prone to dash fires either, however a LOT of the electrical
components are pretty rinky-dink! And unfused wiring is a hazard in
ANY car. My question would be: How the heck do you get a fire
extinguisher nozzle in under the dash? Or into the relay/fuse
compartmnt for that matter, when flames may be licking your fingers
and with acrid smoke filling your eyes and nose! (No, I am not
paranoid about this but I believ in being prepared!)

As far as Lucas wiring and components are concerned: Give me just
about anything but!

Roger