Old door strut and first trip

Hello List,
Well, We just bought a 3000 GT today so that means the DeLorean must
leave the garage for the winter. It hasnt really been driven since
1991(maybe 20 around the block miles since) I bought it in 1998 non running
and partially smashed but now its all together.
I am getting it ready to take it on a hour long journey to storage until
I can have my garage space back in March. I put all new ignition components
in it and a new fuel filter, I changed the oil and checked the tranny fluid
and put all new gas in it.
I just bought a windshield from DMC Houston about an hour ago so the cops
wont pull me over. I think it can make it. I will put insurance on it for
one day next week. I drove it for 20 minutes just now on back roads, under
40 MPH and everything went fine so I think it can make the trip. wish me
luck! I just bought new doors struts for it so I would like to save them if
possible. I need just ONE old door strut that maybe only holds the door 2/3
open just while its in storage for these few months. if anyone has one they
would let go please let me know asap:)

Thank You
David