Side mirror questions

I'm getting ready to cut down a piece of convex mirror glass to fit my
passenger door. I've got a lot of technical questions for those of you
familiar with Delorean anatomy.

1)
The parts manual specifies that side mirrors are different starting with VIN
5930. Can anyone tell me what these differences are? There are different
part numbers even for replacement glass depending on your VIN.

2)
My side mirror glass (on both sides) are held on with black double sided
tape. Is this OEM?

3)
And if the above is OEM, then is it normal for gravity over a period of 19
years to allow these mirrors to slide down to the point that they are
resting on the bottom of the mirror frame where they rub & scrape when
adjusting them?

4)
Is there any way to pull the mirror glass off of this tape without breaking
it so that I can re-position them?

5)
Once I get them off, what should I use to glue them back on?

6)
Before I go cutting and hacking on a new piece of mirror glass, has anyone
already cut a convex mirror glass to fit the Delorean?

What I'm preparing to do is start with an aftermarket replacement convex
mirror glass made to fit a full size GM truck. I'm going to cut a new
Delorean mirror out of the center cropping out that annoying message saying
that 'objects in mirror are closer than they appear'.