[DML] Re: Turn Signals

In all likelihood, this problem is due to dirty and/or corroded bulb sockets and/or connectors. I had this problem, which manifested itself only in wet weather. The solution: clean, clean, clean.

Start with the bulb sockets, since they are the easiest. Use tuner cleaner, fine sandpaper, ink erasers, etc. One tip: there is a little wire-brush wheel accessory for the Dremmel tool that fits perfectly into the bulb sockets. Works wonders. Clean or replace the bulbs, too.

If that doesn't fix it, start cleaning harness connectors. There are the ones under the dash, and the ones up front by the bulbs. There is also one under the left front fender that you have to remove the windshield washer reservoir cover to get to. (As an aside, if you haven't removed this cover recently, best to spray some liquid wrench on the bolts the night before. It's hell if you strip those rivnuts. Also, make sure the drain holes at the bottom of the cover are clear, else you will soon have a rusted-up washer pump.)

--pete
VIN #06703

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas@xxxx> wrote:
After now getting my cooling fan repaired, I have run into yet
another "I never imagined this could go wrong too, but since it
could
it did" type of problem. Now my right turn signal has decided to
speed up and blinks about 3 times faster then my left. Hazard
lights
operate as normal, and no bulbs are burned out. Any ideas? At this
point I'd even consider a witch doctor!

-Robert