First Tampa Delorean Club meeting

I suppose that if you get two Deloreans together at one time owned by
different people, then that constitutes a club meeting? Well, we just did
that in Tampa. Me and Brian went over to Randy's house and had pizza for
dinner. We crawled over and under each other's car trying to compare notes.
I noticed that Randy's car has the transmission cooler bypassed. I think
there might be an aftermarket cooler installed in front of the radiator (I
hope so), but I'll have to look for one at the next 'club' meeting.

We took Randy's door panel apart and adjusted his exterior door handle to
open the door better. Thanks to DMC Joe who showed me how to do this at 'A
day in the Doors'. We also found that the lock nut for the adjustment of
the rear door latch had come loose and allowed it to vibrate out of
adjustment. It took a bit of trial & error to find the best adjustment.
Now Randy says his door works 150% better.

We drove the cars a few miles away and then swapped drivers. It was really
cool driving someone else's Delorean. Randy's car accelerates much better
than mine. Some of that was due to his a/c not working, but even with my
a/c off, his would easily beat mine. Half the time I would forget that I
was driving a different Delorean. That was a real freaky feeling.

We stopped for gas. I filled my tank all the way and then noticed a large
puddle under the car. It was gas spilling from the tank! At that point,
Randy decided he would switch back to driving his own car. (snicker) It
appears that the leak in my tank is from the filler hose. Once the gas
leaked to below the hose, it quit running out. At it's worst, it kept a
steady stream running under the car. That was scary. I'm glad I keep a
fire extinguisher in the 'back seat'.

Randy thought that my car steered better. His felt like it had more play in
it. My steering feels very tight, but tends to move easier. And I thought
my steering was stiff. I think that's just the nature of the beast.

To finish the day off, I come home to find that my new personalized license
plate came in the mail. It says, 'WATSDAT'. I got the idea from someone
else on the list who has WAWAZAT. Imitation is the sincerest form of
flattery. No? :)

Definately living a dream,

Walt Tampa, FL