Mystery Ground

Does anyone know what the ground wire is for in the small harness that
goes to the radio? THere are 2 wires with in-line fuses...one is for
acc. power and one is for full time memory back-up for the radio BUT
there is also a ground wire with these two. I just installed a new
radio and wanted to know what this goes to an if it is important. I'm
leaving it as is but any ifo would be great

Thanks

Tom