[no subject]

> From: Willie Mack <wmack@xxxx>
>
> Alright, a couple of questions....

[QUOTE SNIPPED & SUBJECT ADDED BY MODERATOR]

> Also i noticed that the belt for the alternator or ac
> (its on the left when your looking at the engine) has
> a small worn spot down the center from where it looks
> like its making contact with another pully. Anyone had
> this happen before?
> Thanks
> Willie
> Vin 5043

Willie,
The belt on the left as you look at the engine from the rear of the car is
the A/C belt.(Should be driving the big A/C compressor on top). Anyways,
check the water pump in the rear center of the engine. It might have an
extra groove on it outside for another belt. This may be the rubbing the
groove on your A/C belt. It is my understanding that this is a Volvo water
pump and on Volvo the A/C belt is routed there instead of to the crankshaft
on the Delorean.
Mine only rubs slightly, so it is probably not worth replacing the water
pump for it. However, you need to check if it is constently making contact
and will need to be changed(so it doesn't chew belts all the time).

Nate

Nathan E. Green
gzen21@xxxx

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88mph you're gonna' see
some serious s--t"
-Doc Brown: "Back to the Future"