Re: [DML] ABS Brakes (Was: Accident)

In some cars with very modern up-to-date ABS systems, you can consistently
get slightly better braking distances with ABS. There aren't that many of
them where that is true. That said, I agree that the driving school is
better for a number of reasons. I doubt that the D could be set up with
THAT good of an ABS system without spending more on it than the car itself
is worth. And the driving skills you learn go far beyond threshold braking.

Look into a local autocross club. They will quite often hold a novice
school in the spring of the year before the new season kicks off. Cost is
quite often less than $50 in most areas. You can locate local clubs at
http://www.autocross.com/ After you've taken the novice class, or even if
you don't, then attending a few of autocrosses is also very good for your
driving skills, as well as being a blast!

Mark N
VIN 6820
Autocross your DeLorean in St. Louis on October 22nd. Details at
http://www.midstatedmc.com/ under events.

<snip>