Re: Cleaning A Delorean

I do not recommend using comet. If you look at the label neither do
they. If you are not very careful you will damage the graining.
Depending on what you are trying to do there are better ways to clean
the car. Start by washing with a mild car wash soap. Dry the car and
carefully examine the car panel by panel to determine if there are
any
defects. Minor scratches can be worked out with sandpaper starting
with #180 working to about 220. Any deep scratches, dents, dings etc
will require some metalworking. After any repairs Scotch-Brite and
the
s/s cleaner sold by the Delorean venders will put the finishing touch
on the car.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757