Transmission(Clutch) trouble...

Hi,
On the way home from a car show today(I won 3rd place) my delorean started
exhibiting some strange behavior. I'm hoping you can help.
First off, it is an 82, 5speed is is definently a higher mileage/daily
driver vehicle. (Not sure exactly how many miles are on it--but that's
another story.
Anyways, it seems the clutch is slipping or sticking. You let the clutch
out and for a minute the revs stay higher and then a second later the revs
drop for the new gear. It does this off and on(sometimes it doesn't
occur--the car shifts fine) primarily in 1, 2,3 gears. It almost as if the
clutch doesnt disengage in the new gear after youve shifted-- as if it is
sticking and then works it way loose. The car definently shifts gears and
stays in gear--so it doesn't appear to be a tranny(gear) problem.
The obvious answer is to check the clutch fluid. I'm getting set to do
that now. I guess you use clutch or DOT3 brake fluid to refill?? This is my
first hydralic clutch car. I haven't seen any leaks so if it is low, what
happened? (Can it evaporate over time?)
Secondly(gulp), what other possibilities am I looking at. Is there
something else before I have to investigate the clutch. The clutch itself
appears solid with no problems before this. It did have a solid feel before
this problem. Can anyone help??
Thanks.

Nathan E. Green
gzen21@xxxx

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88mph you're gonna' see
some serious s--t"
-Doc Brown: "Back to the Future"

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html