RE: [DML] Gas Struts

Early in my Delorean ownership I attempted to replace the bonnet lifts with
"close match" interchanges off the shelf. The parts I got were the correct
size but WAY too overpowered. The hood would <THUNK> when it opened and
required I stand in the front and push down the middle with both hands to
get it closed.

I worked it out by putting a new strut on the driver's side and an old, weak
strut on the passenger side. I figured I was always opening and closing the
trunk from the driver's side and it therefore needed a stronger lift. It's
worked well so far.

My other struts, however, are genuine reproductions from my Favorite
Delorean Parts Supplier.

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
VIN# 4695