Starting Problem solved

Well, I finally got it figured out. The car is started an running
fine. It turns out that the previous owner had COMPLETELY removed the
inertia switch!!! No wonder I couldn't find it. There was a jumper
wire connecting the ground to the fuel pump that had burned, melted, and
corroded to the point where it lost contact. This could also explain
the problem I have been having with my power locks since those unlock
wires are not connected to anything. So here is my next question... I
am probably going to order a new inertia switch, get a new harness
connector, (existing one is burned and melted), and it will all be
good. But right now I am wondering what could have caused this to
burn/melt in the first place? I could see no obvious signs of shorts,
and shouldn't a fuse have blown instead of this? Right now I'm running
on a new jumper wire I wedged in place. But I would still like to know
what kind of fire hazard I'm running here. Thanks for everyone's help.
--
Jim Reeve <Ultra>
'81 DeLorean-#6960