From: Josh Haldeman
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 9:57 PM
Subject: Re: [DML] Comparison (with other DMCs!)

Perhaps you should look into having your car tuned up. Both me and the previous
owner of my father's car thought it was slow until I had the engine tuned by a
local Volvo dealership. I took it out driving along side my design professor in
his Porsche 911 one day when he decided to race me on a section of deserted
highway. I won! After we arrived at our destination my dejected prof. told me
that he just couldn't keep up. By the way, my professor is German and races his
Porsche in amateur competition! Before the tune up, I couldn't even squeal the
tires on wet pavement, now I can burn rubber in all gears. The car is naturally
aspirated and, as far as I know, has no internal modifications. I do however
get horrific gas mileage.
What's going on here?
Josh
VIN 5102 (my slow untuned car with excellent gas mileage)
VIN 15964 (Dad's gas guzzling speed demon!)