Electric Window Off Track! Help!

Hello again.

This week has been a troublesome week with my DeLorean. It has been serviced at a garage which I fully trust. Haven't made any mistakes before, but the previous week was bad for them. Lots of small things happening in which they will have to take my DeLorean back to fix things that should have been right when I had it serviced. Its on them of course, but this means a few lesser days to drive my DeLorean this season :(

I've learned one thing, do not say "yes" to a garage to have your DeLorean serviced when your trusted mechanic is away on holidays! I had a car show coming up and was eager to attend, but I've learnt my lesson.
Do not rush things...

Turns out that the few things my mechanic did before he went away on vacation was as expected. Excellent. The things that do not function now as desired was done by others....Oh well... Anything can be fixed, right? ;)

The thing that is not functioning now is the electric window on the passenger side. The garage installed new window motor assys, and did an excellent job on the drivers side, this window runs up and down smoothly and closes correctly.

However, the passenger side window makes noise and ratches with the new window regulators. When fully up it does not close 100% in the front. That is, the window is inside the track on the permanent window, but is not fitting. There's a little glitch in the front of the electric window, so that if it rains, the water will come inside the door.

I guess that the garage will be able to fix it but I could need some tips and advice that I can tell them, so they dont spend time on something else that isn't relevant for the window to work as it should.

I have examined the passenger door carefully. This is what I found:

1) The window regulator is installed correctly, same installation as on the drivers door.

2)The electric window itself has two tracks on the left (front) and on the right (back) side. The electric window is attached to the regulator arm by two locknuts. The electric window's right track follows the right track which is inside the door, whereas the left track of the window and the left track inside the door is NOT making contact. This is what makes the noise.

When I move the window from fully closed to open position, I can see that the left front is not making contact...the assy slides further down in the door, the noise can be heard, and I would guess that this is the place where the window indeed get inside the track as it should.

Same thing with the window open. I move it up, then the noise, then I can see the window coming up and not being in the track. Its hard to hear where the noise comes from (front or back in the door) but I cant see anything so I have to use my ears for what they are worth! I also think that the window is in the right (back) track all the time. It seems like the only problem is that the left front tracks are simply not connecting as they should...

3)I would say the distance between them not making contact is 1-2cm. Not a very big distance in other words... I gently tried to move/force the tracks but to no success...

So, what can I do about it?

I would *guess* that you cannot adjust any of the tracks on the electric window. So my guess is that I must be able somehow to adjust the left (front) track inside the door.

How the "¤#)&¤0 do you adjust this bracket?
Does the electric window have to get out?
The permantent window? (Hope not).

I can't really see anything inside this door!

Theres so little room to work in, so hard to see...

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

In other words HELP HELP HELP!!! (Starting to sound like Beatles now!)

VIN #06759
(still going strong, yet with one window not functioning correctly)