Relay Updates

As I slowly work my way through a full inspection of my car, this
question comes to mind. I have mostly all original relays. I know
there is an update kit for them, but I was wondering how important it
really is. Do the original relays pose a fire hazard? Since I already
have the fan fail bypass, I was thinking of just ordering the 40 amp
circuit breaker for the cooling fans. Is this a good idea to leave the
relays alone or not? Right now I'm trying to figure out a logical order
to do my purchases and would appreciate any input that anybody may
have. Thanks.
--
Jim Reeve <Ultra>
'81 DeLorean-#6960