Re: winshield wiper problem (help!)

The wiper system is pretty straightfoward to troubleshoot. Check the
fuse with a voltmeter not just with your eyeball, check all plugs and
be alert to the possibility that the plugs may fit together well but
wire clip has backed out and is not making electical contact. Don't
take any ground connection for granted, remove and clean and replace
making sure that there is no paint under the connection. The wiper
motor could also be the problem, there are brushes in it and if it
hasn't been used in a long time they could be "hanging up" inside. A
quick fix is just to tap the housing with a hammer to shock the
brushes loose and make contact.This is assuming that the motor is
getting voltage. Since you said both the wipers and washer aren't
working check things in common such as power source, grounds, and
especialy the wiper switch and plug to it. Don't forget the Fall
Foliage Tour in October since
you are in N.Y. you might not be that far away, we would like to see
you attend.

David Teitelbaum

vin 10757