Re: [DML] Dennis Gage gave me the High Five last night

Re: [DML] Dennis Gage gave me the High Five last night

 Like Mike and Brian both said, Dennis Gage (of "My Classic Car" car show
fame) really is a true car nut and he truly does have a love for the Delorean
automobile.

Our Delorean club has attended his "My Classic Car" car show in Evansville
Indiana all 3 years it's been held, and this show continues to grow larger
and larger every year. Yet each time we're at the show, Dennis takes the time
to come by and spend a little time with us to talk cars and stuff. And each
time he comes by, he has a camera crew right behind him shooting everything
that happens. Every year he makes sure photos of our group end up somewhere
on their web site or, like Brian pointed out, on TV. We have even talked
with him about featuring the Delorean on one of his TV shows, and it is
something he has expressed a real interest in doing. Things are in the works,
it just takes time. Attempts were also made to get him to attend Ken's show
in Cleveland this year and again, there was definite interest on his part,
it's just their TV show is so popular, scheduling a show right now is
currently extended out 2 years into the future. Unfortunately there was not
enough lead time available for Cleveland. Discussions about Memphis in 2002
are under way.

Anyway, the "My Classic Car" car show in Evansville this year is being held
on Friday, Oct 13th thru Sunday, Oct 15th. Once again our Delorean club
plans to attend and we would like to extend an invitation to anyone on the
list to join us for a great show and some good times. You can check things
out and register for the show at - www.myclassiccar.com - or -
www.autofest.com --- We currently have Deloreans from Illinois, Missouri,
Wisconsin, Minnesota, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio and North and South Carolina
registered to attend. Everyone is welcome.

We also have a brand new motel all set up for this event in Evansville
which happens to be located right down the street from the show, thanks to
one of our club members. Matter of fact, he became a member just last year at
this show. He originally had his Delorean at the show last year to try and
sell it, he said he never did anything with it because he didn't know anyone
else with a car. We invited him to spend a little time with us on Saturday
afternoon and after a few hours, the "For Sale" sign was removed from his car
and he's been enjoying it ever since. Bob has owned this 81 since new, and
when we first saw it in the "for sale" lot, it had less then 600 original
miles on it. Needless to say, its a very nice car that has a lot of miles
left in it for Bob to enjoy.

The motel info is: Red Roof Inn, Evansville, Indiana - phone
812-476-3600
It is located right off Interstate 164 and the Lloyd Expressway on the
Southeast side of town.
Mention the "MidState Delorean Club" to get a group rate of $39.99 per night.

If anyone has any questions, just e-mail me. Hope to see you there,
Marty